Faber-Castell was founded in Nuremberg, Germany in 1761 by Kasper Faber. Originally just called Faber, the name was changed to Faber-Castell in 1900 after the Company’s heiress married Alexander Lothar von Castell, a descendant of the first Prince of Bavaria. The company changed not only their name, but their logo as well and have kept to the changes ever since. Unlike many of their peers, Faber-Castell has remained in the Faber family for eight generations. 2011 marks the 250th year since Faber-Castell was founded, a feat they have recently emphasized in their latest commemorative collection. Today, Faber-Castell is world-renowned for their high quality, professional fine writing instruments and accessories.